Rainbow Bridge

Post here your topics concerning the loss of your beloved parrots or other pets.

Rainbow Bridge

Postby Simon's Mom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Sherri aka Simon's Mom
Simon's Mom

Re: Rainbow Bridge

Postby Simon's Mom » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:31 pm

I posted this in honor of my precious Mou Mou. (A cat, I know....) but wanted a place for all of us to honor those beloved pets we've loved with our whole heart (and they loved us with their whole hearts,) and lost.

I had Mou Mou from 8 weeks old. She was 14 1/2 when I had to make that horrible (for me,) decision to put her at peace.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sherri aka Simon's Mom
Simon's Mom

Postby GJ » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm sorry it didn't turn out better for you and her.
GJ

Postby txbird » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:44 am

Awww.. sorry about the loss of your kitty.

My Mom had a little tortoise shell colored cat for 14 years. While Mom was in the hospital fighting with cancer, neighbor called and Mom's cat had died, and I got to go over to her house and bury her. One of the hardest things I've ever done emotionally, and I don't particularly like cats. I'm too allergic to enjoy them.
"Sammy the Bird" RSE.. and the two 'zons
txbird

Postby PeCe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Sorry about the loss of your Mou Mou. Just think she is in a good place at the other side of the rainbow bridge. For now you feel the pain about the loss of her, in time this will subside and you will be able to think of her with fond memories and even have a smile when you think about the good times you and she had together.
It's not just the feathers that make beautiful birds.
PeCe

Postby loyallyroyal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 pm

At least she had a good long life.
loyallyroyal

Postby sodakat » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:13 pm

So very sorry, Sherri. They take a bit of our heart with them when they go, don't they. I can't imagine a life without companion animals, hard as it is to lose them.

Kathy
sodakat

Postby Simon's Mom » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:12 am

Thank you so much to my LOV family. This has definately broken my heart. Simon has been so sweet. He understands that Mommy is sad and he has cuddled with me so much in the last week. (More than normal- which isn't a lot)
I had been looking (for the last 2 years) at siamese breeders but was waitng until my "herd" thinned. (That's about as nice as I can put it.) I thought one of my 3 dogs would go before my beloved Mou Mou... alas it was not the case.
Having lost a very beloved Flame Point Siamese (when Mou was just a kitten) I know me and I know that the only way to get me out of the depression that was setting in... is to get another fur baby. This is to side track me - definately NOT a replacement. (Mou is irreplacable.)
So... today I'm driving 5 hours from home-to Ft. Lauderdale and I'm picking up my new fur baby... or should I say 2 new fur babies. They are 15 week old pure blood Siamese Kittens. Both boys. (Brothers) One is a Blue Point and one is a Seal point. (Mou was a Lilac Point.)
I'm very excited but also worried about kittens in the house with the FIDS. Which is why I got both boys... I'm hoping they occupy eachother.
I've double checked all the cages, trying to make sure a small kitten can't somehow 'wiggle' into them and "get" my beloved Simon and Gersh.... Layla too...she just can't be described as my beloved. (LOL) I love her but she not my "baby".
Best to all. IF it's ok and anyone wants to see... I will post pics of me and my new "boys" this weekend.
Sherri aka Simon's Mom
Simon's Mom

Postby Zak & Co » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:22 pm

So sorry about Mou. Best of luck with the new boys! Here is my Peggy. She showed up under my car and now rules the entire roost! At 1st I named her Krystal, though that was vetoed, cuz of that 'Peggy' comercial. She's usually Pegster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zak & Co
Zak & Co

Postby Simon's Mom » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 am

She's a beauty Zak!

My 'boys" (Butler Blu and Harrison "Harry" Wilkes) are 5 months old today. They are pure joys and have been doing well with the FIDS.

I miss Mou Mou every single day but the boys are helping to heal my heart from her loss. I know she would be proud that they are taking such good care of her Mommy's heart.
Sherri aka Simon's Mom
Simon's Mom

Postby Simon's Mom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 am

Update: The 'boys' turned 1 on Feb 21st. They are just true blessings! Totally helped heal my heart! Simon still calls out for Mou Mou but it no longer makes me cry- it makes me smile. She was almost as important to him as to me.

Here is a pic of the boys from sunday. They race around the house. It is a joy to hear the 'horses gallop' upstairs. My kids (22 and 17) yell "Speed limit" when the 'boys' race around. True comedy in the house.

Butler Blu on the left- he is a Blue Point and Harrison (Harry) Wilkes on the right and he is a Seal Point.
Sherri aka Simon's Mom
Simon's Mom

Postby loyallyroyal » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 am

They are adorable! Very sweet picture with them all curled up.
loyallyroyal

Postby PeCe » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Had seen the picture on facebook already, nice to see them here as well. They look great, if I look back to the "older" pics of a half year ago (topic; http://www.landofvos.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7766 ) they have "grown" a lot. Thanks for sharing these pics.
It's not just the feathers that make beautiful birds.
PeCe

Postby José » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 am

What a sweet picture of your gorgeous boys!!
José

Return to Rainbow bridge